See complete Graduate School of Business information here.
The Accelerated Master of Science in Information Systems emphasizes the integration of business and technology and is designed to allow students to begin and complete a master’s degree while still earning their BA or BBA within the Paul R. Carter College of Business Administration. It is primarily intended for business professionals who want to stay current with technology or those in a technology field with a non-technical undergraduate degree. The curriculum includes a concentration in either data analytics, information assurance and security, or project management. The degree must be completed within seven calendar years from the date of enrolling in the first graduate course.
MSIS Program Outcomes
The MSIS program strives to achieve the following outcomes:
- Application of systems thinking to evaluate business processes and identify opportunities for IT-enabled organizational improvements.
- Application of analytical thinking to decompose organizational problems, projects, etc., into component parts, for the purpose of redesign.
- Demonstration of effective collaboration skills and use of collaborative tools.
- Demonstration of effective written communication such as research papers, position papers, system investment proposals, policies, etc.
- Application of critical thinking to security based decisions.
- Demonstration of creativity in project management and the development of solutions.
- Evaluation of ethical decisions in respect to sensitive corporate data.
- Design and implementation of technical solutions in chosen domain and in accordance with compliance standards and organizational goals.
Undergraduate majors that can be used with this program: