Beginning in Fall 2021, a Strength and Conditioning Program will be offered by the Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences within the College of Allied Health.
The mission of the program is to instill essential knowledge, skills, and dispositions for successful careers, and servant leadership in the field of strength & conditioning. Upon successful completion of the program the student will have membership in two national organizations and several valuable certifications.
For more information regarding the program please call us at 501-279-4839 or send us an email at EXSS@harding.edu.
Completion of the program will provide membership in two organizations and several certifications.
NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
CSCCa (College Strength and Conditioning Coaches association)
FMS (Functional Movement Screen)
CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
Upon completion, the student will be prepared to take additional certifying exams.
The minimal admission requirements for the Master of Science in Strength and Conditioning are as follows:
- Completed MSSC application form.
- Academic transcript indicating an earned bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by an agency nationally recognized by the US Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Evidence of successful completion of the following prerequisites:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- Or one Anatomy course and one Physiology course
- Exercise Physiology
- College Algebra
- AED/CPR/First Aid certification are required but may be completed upon entering the program.
Completion of the Master of Science in Strength and Conditioning curriculum with a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Completion of a minimum of 640 hours under the supervision of an approved Master Strength and Conditioning Coach and satisfactory evaluations upon completion.
Passing score on the FMS (Functional Movement Screen) and the CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) exams.
Satisfactory evidence of good interpersonal skills and ethical behavior.