The minor in leadership studies is an interdisciplinary curriculum offered through the Honors College, in cooperation with the Colleges of Arts and Humanities, Bible and Ministry, Business Administration, Nursing, and Sciences. Students pursuing the minor must be a member of the Honors College in good standing (3.25 GPA).
This minor is designed for students who desire to further develop their leadership strengths and abilities. The minor will complement any academic major.
The purpose of the leadership studies minor is to bring focus to the divergent approaches in the study of leadership embodied within the curricula of the various colleges of the University. The leadership studies minor is intended to provide a strong, broad foundation for the development of a servant leadership lifestyle.
Completing the leadership studies minor should provide the following outcomes:
- Knowledge of various leadership strategies
- Improved skills in communicating effectively as a leader
- Improved skills in interacting effectively with individuals and groups
- Improved management skills
- Confidence in integrating leadership skills within the specialized discipline of the student’s academic major
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the Sears Honors Center for more information.