Applications for the clinical track should be submitted to the clinic director the semester prior to desired enrollment in CSD 3850 . Students desiring to participate in fall practicum assignments should apply by March 15 of the previous semester. Students desiring to participate in spring practicum assignments should apply by October 15 of the previous semester.
Provisional admission to the CSD Clinical Track requires the following:
- Junior or senior in good standing at Harding University;
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the major, with all CSD courses being a "C" or higher;
- Completion of (or current enrollment in) CSD 1240 , CSD 2900 , CSD 3250 , CSD 3260 , and CSD 3810 ;
- Completion of 15 hours of clinical observation in SLP and/or audiology;
- Possess the skills necessary to develop and maintain the essential skills as defined by the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders;
- Completion of an admission packet, available upon request from the Harding University Speech Clinic.
Students receiving provisional admission will be given instructions to complete:
- Any outstanding course and observation requirements from above;
- A CPR course including skill demonstration and test;
- A 2-step tuberculosis skin test. Results must be negative; positive results require physician clearance;
- State (Arkansas), federal, and Child Maltreatment Central Registry background checks with no disqualifying factors noted.
Once all documentation has been received, the clinic director will determine if a student qualifies for full admission in the clinical track and enrollment in CSD 3850 . Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in CSD courses, including a grade of "B" or better in all clinical practicum courses in order to progress in the sequence of clinical courses and remain in the clinical degree program.
For more information, contact the Harding University Speech Clinic or email firstname.lastname@example.org.