Admission to the CSD Clinical Track requires the following:
- Junior standing at Harding University;
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in CSD courses;
- Completion of CSD 230 , CSD 250 , and CSD 290 with a grade of C or better;
- Completion (with a grade of C or better) or enrollment in CSD 381 , and CSD 325 or CSD 326 ;
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation completed before registering for CSD 385 ;
- Possess the skills necessary to develop and maintain the essential skills as defined by the department at
- Completion of a personal statement.
To remain in the clinical track program, the student must maintain a 3.0 GPA in CSD courses, including a grade of “C” or better in all communication sciences and disorders courses, and make satisfactory progress toward the degree.
Students who wish to enter the fall and spring clinical track must apply for admission to the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders by the following dates: February 15 for fall and September 15 for spring. Applications for the clinical track must be submitted the semester prior to desired enrollment in CSD 385 . Students who wish to enter the undergraduate CSD clinical program must file an admission application and personal goals statement with the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. No final action will be taken on an application until the student has been admitted to the University, all prerequisites have been met, and the department has received the application.
Upon approval from the Department, applicants must pick up a packet from the department office to complete the registration process before beginning clinical practicum:
- Completion of a 2-step tuberculosis skin test (PPD/intradermal) (Health documents if a positive read on 2-step tuberculosis skin test (PPD/intradermal) indicating clearance to work in a public facility);
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic first aid;
- Completion of state (Arkansas) and federal background checks.
Admission into the CSD Clinical Track is pending successful completion of all requirements. Failure to provide all appropriate paperwork and meet all requirements as stated above will result in the acceptance to the Clinical Track being withdrawn.
Contact the administrative assistant of the CSD department or e-mail email@example.com for further admission information and application forms.