The mission of the Department of Music is to provide a quality education in music within a Christian environment.
Departmental goals are to:
- Prepare students for teaching careers and graduate study in music;
- Prepare students for a lifetime of musical participation, enjoyment, and understanding;
- Provide musical instruction and performance opportunities;
- Provide for the University community the enrichment afforded by musical experiences from a variety of styles and genres; and
- Prepare students for a well-rounded life in which vocations and Christian ethics are integrated.
Chair: Jay Walls, Ph.D.
Scott Carrell, D.M.A.
Director of Piano Studies
J. Warren Casey, Ph.D.
Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities
Cynthia T. Carrell, D.M.A.
Andrew Cook, D.M.A.
Director of Jazz Band
Jay Walls, Ph.D.
Director of Arts and Life Performance Series
Laura Eads, M.M.
Director of Opera Workshop and Coordinator of Vocal Studies
Charles V. Hicks, M.S.E.
Director of Belles & Beaux and Good News Singers
Alyssa Koay, D.M.A.
Susan E. Shirel, D.A.
Director of Concert Choir and Coordinator of Choral Activities
Eric Colgrove, M.M.
Director of Bands and Orchestra, Coordinator of Music Education and Instrumental Music
ProgramsBachelor of ArtsBachelor of MusicBachelor of Music EducationNon-Degree