Chair: Kevin Klein, Ph.D.
Mark Elrod, Ph.D.
Paul D. Haynie, Ph.D.
Kevin Klein, Ph.D.
Steven Breezeel, Ph.D.
Julie E. Harris, Ph.D.
Cheri Pierson Yecke, Ph.D.
David Adams, Ph.D.
Jared Dockery, Ph.D.
Shawn Fisher, Ph.D.
Lori Klein, M.P.A.
Kim Laing, M.A.
The mission of the Department of History and Social Science is to:
- Teach students the concepts concerning the social forces and institutions which affect civilization;
- Teach the fundamental principles underlying enlightened citizenship and a global perspective;
- Prepare teachers for elementary and secondary schools;
- Help students acquire a foundation for graduate study in history, political science, and social science; and
- Provide the preprofessional background and skills for the fields of law, government service and other professions.
Department of History & Social Science