Due to the impact of COVID-19 related to ACT and SAT test date cancellations, Harding University will extend our test-optional admission and scholarship awarding to first-year applicants enrolling for Spring or Fall of 2022. We recognize there were and are fewer opportunities for this cohort of students to take the SAT and ACT, and we do not want them to be disadvantaged in any way because of this. This is a step that continues to be taken by many other universities and we wish to remain competitive as well as responsive to student needs.
Current and future applicants for undergraduate admission for Spring or Fall 2022 will be granted unconditional admission with a minimum test score of 19 and minimum GPA of 3.0 OR with no test score and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The highest level Academic Achievement scholarship and other premier scholarships (Trustee, National Merit, etc.) as well as most state-funded scholarships (Arkansas Challenge, Florida Bright Futures, etc.) continue to require an ACT or SAT score for awards at this time
- International students will not be eligible for test-optional admission but will continue to be eligible for the international student discount.
- Students admitted without test scores may submit an ACT, SAT or CLT test score at any time prior to the beginning of their first semester in order to qualify for higher scholarships.
- Harding will recalculate the awards for students already admitted for Spring or Fall 2022 prior to Sept. 1 whose scholarships may have been negatively impacted by their test score or lack of one.
- While Harding will be test-optional for admission at this time, students may be asked to complete a test (including the CLT or residual ACT) with a minimum score to be used for academic placement purposes only. Students who are unable to take a test will be provided one during orientation. Admission and scholarships of students choosing the test-optional path will not be impacted by these test scores.
For students wishing to take a college entrance exam to improve scholarships:
Please be aware of Harding’s partnership with the Classic Learning Test (CLT) from which we accept scores for admission and scholarships. The CLT has several available registration dates, including remotely proctored exams as well as in-person testing at partner colleges, including Harding. To register for the CLT, visit cltexam.com.
Harding will make the ACT residual test available to students who are able to visit campus before May 1 and will consider these scores for Harding academic achievement scholarships. For more information, visit harding.edu/testing.